• Gone are the days when I lived alone with few money.
I was limited in buying things but I was content with what I had.
• Now I have more money and yet I am unhappy.
What I get is never enough. Shopping acts like a drug for me.
• Gone are the days when alone I could visit places dominated by nature.
I loved to close my eyes, to listen to the songs of the birds and the trees and
to feel the wind caress my face.
• Now I am always stuck at home, my soul soaked in boredom.
My mind is shaken by depressive and lethal thoughts.
• Gone are the days when I had time left to do what I wanted, to look after myself.
I was very productive and creative. I knew what I wanted and managed to take
the best decisions for me.
• Now that I no longer know how to look after myself, how can I take care of my child?
Taking decisions is a hard task for me. I have become a lethargic person.
• Gone are the days when I ran to God anytime I had troubles in my life or to thank Him
for whatever He gave me.
I had trust in Him and was persistent in asking what I wanted.
• Now, in my conscience there is a confusing fight between good and evil.
I am not able to pray properly, why have I become such a bad and weak person?
© Fateema Abdallah