Salam (peace) everyone !!! I have been nominated by Farheen Siddiqui to take part in the “Free Style Writing Challenge”. As I’m a bit late I will do it only for fun purpose hence there will be no nominees from my side because all of them have already done the challenge 😀 I am sorry girls for doing that, I hope it is not an issue.
Errr…. you know I had started opening a Word document, I wrote the first sentence and BOOOM my son threw the fone on the laptop. I had to restart it because it had a bug nothing was working. But finally I am here hahaha (now you understand why it is hard for me to do the challenge as soon as you let me know .
The concept of free style writing revolves around the central idea of putting down words that may or may not relate to a particular topic and within a certain time period regardless of spelling or perhaps also grammar.
So here goes the RULES of this challenge:
1) Open an MS Word document
2) Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3) You topic is at the foot of this post. But do not scroll down to see it until you are ready with the timer
4) Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD.
5) You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
6) At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7) Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
My topic is: “Best day of my life”
Time- 10 mins
I am not someone prone to focuse on good moments but I will make an effort for the challenge. Instead of relating a best day of my life, I will tell you about some years of my life which were memorable and very pleasant to me.
It was when I still lived with parents and when my sister Nissai came to this world. I remember how quickly I woke up when she cried at night to help my mother with preparing the milk. Then as she would not sleep as soon as she woke up, she remained awaken and that was when I would stay with her all night. I sang lullabies for her, read some quranic verses and she always ended sleeping with me. I can’t believe how easy it was for e to do all that and now that I am a mother I am not able to do that. That’s strange.
Also, many often I would take my little sister with me, we would go out to the park. I also loved buying clothes for her, I had a fashion sese at that time and loved seeing my sister in clothes. My mother never bothered as long as my sister had correct clothes :D.
What is funny is the fact that people always thought that she was my daughter and they never believed me when I said she was my little sister. Anyway, one day I ended up saying yaaaaaa it is my daughter because I was tired of explaining simple things lol. So these were beautiful years when I loved spending each second with my little Nissai, I really miss those days.
Number of words: 276
P.S. I am happy I did not make many mistakes, I did not cheat my dear friends. I studied English for about 8 years and got a master in English before being a housewife 😀
Thanks for reading | Have a wonderful day | Be Happy !!!