I) The day of Jumu’ah in the Qur’an
Whoever reads the Qur’an knows that there is a surah called Al Jumu’ah. In this surah, Allah says :
“O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu’ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew.
And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allah , and remember Allah often that you may succeed.” [Surah 62 ; verses 9-10]
For me, once a subject is in the Qur’an I see it as a sign from Allah to emphasize on its importance. As a consequence a Muslim should know why the day of Jumu’ah is so significant.
II) Some of the benefits of Jumu’ah
1. Allah created Adam (alayhis salaam) on Friday and he was granted entry into jannah on Friday.
2. Adam ( alayhis salaam) was sent to earth on this day as his vicegerent.
3. Adam (alayhis salaam) died on a Friday.
4. There is a blessed hour on Friday during which a person is granted anything lawful and good by Allah that he prays for.
5. The Day of Qiyamah-Resurrection will be on a Friday. It is on this day that the Trumpet will be blown on Friday; There is neither any angels nearest to Allah nor any heaven nor the earth nor the wind and a sea but all of them fear the Day of Jummah,that is why everything in the heavens and the earth including God’s most favourite angels and mountains, rivers etc. stand in awe of Friday.
Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: “The five daily prayers and from one Jumu’ah to the next is an expiation for whatever sins come in between them, so long as one does not commit a major sin.” [Muslim]
6. Whoever dies during the day or night of Friday, Allaah will protect him from the trial of the grave.
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr رضي الله عنه said: The Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: “There is no Muslim who dies during the day of Friday or the night of Friday but Allaah will protect him from the trial of the grave.” [ Tirmidhi ]
7. Whoever recites Surat al-Kahf on Friday, light shall shine forth for him between the two Fridays. [Ibn Hajar]