I had done some research about Coca Cola which I rarely drink from the time I was pregnant. I got to know that Coca Cola and other soft drinks are poisons to our body. Why?
1) Coca Cola has absolutely no health benefits for your body. It is held responsible for diabetes and obesity around the world because of its high sugar and caloric contents.
2) Coca Cola contains phosphoric acid which reduce the amount of calcium in the bones. It has been proven to destroy bones by contributing to osteoporosis and to destroy teeth too.
3) There are food dyes and other chemical additives in Coke products that are known to be carcinogens.
4) Aspartame, now known as AminoSweet, has been linked to numerous diseases and health problems. Michael F. Jacobson, the Executive Director of Center for Science in the Public Interest’s (CSPI), issued the following statement :
Aspartame has been found to cause cancer — leukemia, lymphoma, and other tumors–in laboratory animals, and it shouldn’t be in the food supply.
5) Coca Cola has a level of acidity which is very close to the acidity level of a battery. To have a better idea of its danger, consider the fact that battery acid is 1 pH and pure water has a pH of 7. I bet that know you won’t really want to drink Coca Cola.
Coca Cola is a big danger for our body but there is a good news, because of its acidity level you can use it as a household cleaner!! Below are some tips on how Coca Cola can help you in cleaning your house.
1. Removes grease stains from clothing and fabric
2. Removes rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil. Also loosens rusty bolts
3. Removes blood stains from clothing and fabric.
4. Cleans oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
6. Cleans burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
7. Descales a kettle (same method as with burnt pans)
8. Cleans car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
9. Cleans your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
10. Makes pennies shine; soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
11. Cleans tile grout; pour onto kitchen floor, leave for a few minutes, wipe up.
12. Dissolves a tooth; Use a sealed container…takes a while but it does work.
13. Removes gum from hair; dip into a small bowl of Coke, leave a few minutes. Gum will wipe off.
14. Removes stains from vitreous china.
15. Got a dirty pool? Adding two 2-liter bottles of Coke clears up rust.
16. You can remove (or fade) dye from hair by pouring diet Coke over it.
17. Remove marker stains from carpet. Applying Coke, scrubbing and then clean with soapy water will remove marker stains.
18. Cleans a toilet; pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
19. Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
20. Strips paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
I hope that this article will make you think twice before drinking Coca Cola or any other soft drinks. Many of us ignore what today’s foods really contain because those who make these foods pay big amount of money for us not to know. May Allah help all of us to stop consuming what is bad for us. Amin