Do you realize that in a single plant, you can find various remedies for all diseases? I can see your startling face over there because you still don’t believe,!! So keep on reading in sh Allah you will change your mind.
You have to bear in mind that among the Arabs, blackseed is known as Habbat ul Sawda or Habbat ul Baraka which means the blessed seed. The Romans called it Greek coriander and it was used for general health problems such as headaches or toothaches. The people of Ancient Egypt also knew and resorted to blackseed to cure many diseases.
Blackseed (Nigella Sativa) is composed of over 100 valuable nutrients. Its main and active ingredients are nigellone, thymoquinone and fixed oils. Below is a list of some of the ingredients and their roles in our body:
• Nigella + melatin: together, they provide digestive benefits and promote cleansing
• Nigellone: it offers anti spasmodic and bronchodilating properties. It also contribute to blackseed’s actions against respiratory ailments. Moreover, it acts as an antihistamine which helps to reduce the negative symptoms of those suffering from allergies. Furthermore it is a strong antioxidant and helps in cleansing the body of toxins.
• Thymoquinone: it has anti cancer benefits as it triggers off apoptosis. Apoptosis is a program of cell self-destruction. This process is crucial for the body as it helps to eliminate old cells, unnecessary cells and unhealthy cells. When apoptosis does not work correctly, cells that should be eradicated may become persistent or “immortal” as it is the case in leukemia or cancer.
• Nigellone & Thymoquinone: they work together to enhance blackseed’s action against respiratory ailments.
Blackseed also provides a rich supply of polyunsaturated fatty acids. They play a key role in your body system as they:
– help to regulate metabolism
– carry toxins to the surface of the skin for their elimination
– balance the level of insulin and regulate cholesterol
– promote the liver’s function and improve the body’s circulation.
A deficiency in polyunsaturated fatty acids may cause various health problems such as nervous systems disorders or skin disorders.
Voilà! Here our aticle ends. In sh Allah the next article on blackseed will be about its treaments regarding specific diseases. If you find any mistake or if you’d like to bring more details – feel free to comment (ツ)
May Allah keep you in the best of health and imaan.
Asalam Alaykum ✧˖° © Fateema Abdullah